Hair Salon Tampa FL Hair Color Tips
HOW TO KEEP YOUR HAIR COLOR LOOKING FABULOUS!
A new hair color can be one of the fastest and most beautiful ways to transform your image. And you want to ensure that your new color looks its best long after you leave the salon. How do you keep your color looking vibrant and shiny? Follow these great tips from our hair salon in Tampa FL!
- First, choose color safe shampoos, conditioners and styling products for your color-treated hair. Strong shampoos that are not formulated for color-treated hair can cause even the best hair color to fade, but a color-preserving shampoo and conditioner can enhance your hair color or highlights. Sulfate free formulas are particularly good for color. When you visit our Tampa hair salon we can recommend specific products that will make your hair color last longer.
- Limit heat styling. One of the best tips for keeping your hair color vibrant and shiny is to avoid excessive heat from blow dryers, curling irons, and flat irons. These styling tools can damage the cuticle and can cause your hair color to become dull over time. The regular heat styling of colored hair reduces moisture levels and can lead to color damage and hair breakage. Whenever possible, take a break from the blow dryer and let your hair air dry.
- Avoid Styling Products with a high alcohol content. Check the labels on finishing products like hair sprays, spritzes, mousses, and gels can also contain high amounts of alcohol. The alcohol helps your hair dry faster, but has the negative effect of causing hair color to fade more quickly. Limiting the use of styling products can help your hair color last longer and stay more vibrant.
- Avoid Using Chlorinated or Hard Water. Shampooing your hair in hard water or chlorinated water can cause your hair color to fade. If your water is hard, or if you are a regular swimmer, you can use a chelating shampoo for regular color maintenance. Installing a good water filter on your shower head may also help to prolong your hair color. If you swim, shampoo and deep condition your hair as soon as possible after your dip in the pool.
- Use Cool Water For Shampooing, Conditioning, and Rinsing. Using cooler water for washing your hair is another way to preserve the longevity of your hair color. Hot water can cause the hair cuticle to open, allowing color molecules to escape, while cold water helps close and seal the cuticle, keeping the color trapped inside and making your hair shiny.
Visit Hello Beautiful Salon in Tampa FL for more tips and for the best hair color in the city! We look forward to meeting you soon!